Land Tax - West Sussex 1815
Land Tax began in 1692/3 and was made permanent by statute in 1798. It was a tax on personal property including land, houses, shops, wharfs, woods, meadows, mills, tithes, glebes and salaries. The Owner, Occupier and Rental, parish by parish have been transcribed by Michael Burchall from digital copies copies of the handwritten returns at West Sussex Record Office and are indexed with a useful historical Introduction.
Word-searchable, .pdf reader required. Published by Parish Register Transcription Society.
Also available on the "West Sussex Land Tax "Compilation.