Settlement Certificates & Bonds - Sussex
A compilation of the two releases: 'Eastern Sussex Settlement Certificates and Parish Apprentices 1575-1837' and 'West Sussex Settlement Certificates & Bonds 1658-1853' at a lower price.
1. Eastern Sussex Settlement Certificates and Bonds 1651-1834 and Parish Apprentices 1575-1837. The records that are calendared in this work comprise all the bonds and certificates acknowledging settlement, and all evidences for formally indentured parish apprenticeship (but not short term boarding out agreements), from the parish collections deposited in the East and West Sussex Record Offices that pertain to parishes within the ancient boundary of the Archdeaconry of Lewes which until 1974 comprised East Sussex. In 1974 a number of parishes on the western border of East Sussex were transferred to West Sussex and the records of those parishes were transferred to West Sussex Record Office. Also calendared are a number of records deposited in the Sussex Record office not forming parish archives that apparently 'strayed' from such archives in the past. Some records from collections outside Sussex, principally from collections in Surrey and Kent record offices are included.
2. West Sussex Settlement Certificates & Bonds 1658-1853. Transcribed from the original records in West Sussex Record Office. They exclude the parishes now in West Sussex which were moved in 1974 from East Sussex, as these are included in the ‘Eastern Sussex Settlement Certificates and Bonds 1651-1834’. The records that are calendared and comprise all the surviving bonds and certificates from the parish collections deposited in the West Sussex Record Office that pertain to parishes within the pre-1974 county.
Transcribed by Michael Burchall FSG. pdf reader is required. Published by Parish Register Transcription Society.