Settlement Certificates & Parish Apprentices - Eastern Sussex 1575-1837
The records that are calendared in this work comprise all the bonds and certificates acknowledging settlement, and all evidences for formally indentured parish apprenticeship (but not short term boarding out agreements), from the parish collections deposited in the East and West Sussex Record Offices that pertain to parishes within the ancient boundary of the Archdeaconry of Lewes which until 1974 comprised East Sussex. In 1974 a number of parishes on the western border of East Sussex were transferred to West Sussex and the records of those parishes were transferred to West Sussex Record Office. Also calendared are a number of records deposited in the Sussex Record office not forming parish archives that apparently 'strayed' from such archives in the past. Some records from collections outside Sussex, principally from collections in Surrey and Kent record offices are included.
Requires .pdf reader. Published by Parish Register Transcription Society. Also available on the 'Settlement Certificates & Bonds' Compilation CD or Download.